Monday, December 12, 2005

Beware. Damn Naked Blogger on the Loose.

The hardest part of just about anything is getting started. I've been thinking about writing a blog ever since I begin to follow one soldiers blog of the Iraq War. Hells bells. If a 20 something old kid man soldier can write a blog from a war zone I should be able to knock one out from the comfort zone of Pattaya, Thailand. But that young kid could write. People liked his unvarnished style. He picked up quite a following until the Army shut him down. You know, national security and all of that good stuff.


But I never got around to starting my own blog, that is until now.

My step father recently passed away. He was 83 years old so it was no surprise. His passing got me motivated in a strange sort of way. He was only twenty years older than I. The thought hit me, and hit me hard, like slamming into a brick wall at 60 miles an hour. If I want to do anything I had better get on with it. Twenty years goes by mighty fast, especially when you are having fun.

Yesterday, I saw the news about Richard Prior. Dead at 65. Whoa now. While Richard didn't exactly live a healthy lifestyle he was a successful man who had money. In America money can still get you some pretty good medical care. If he taps out at 65 who knows, I may be next.

So here I am at 2:18 AM Pattaya time writing my first post. I've got a few things to say before I zip into the white light so I want to get on with it.

Beware, the Damn Naked Blogger is on the loose. Much more to come and soon.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home